As technology races ahead with lightning speed, the need of the hour is to calibrate the professional environment with the developing world. The sector of business is where an economy derives its meat from, and it becomes essential for the coming generations to adapt and learn the practical aspects. Well-crafted BBA courses carve the path which future professionals must take to instigate and sustain this change.
The three-year program introduces freshers to the world of business management, optimisation and expansion under the umbrella of various specialisations like digital marketing, finance and operations. But what really constitutes great BBA courses? More than concepts and ideas, the practical corporate arena calls for an empirical approach to transform texts into solutions.
Sunstone Eduversity focuses on result-oriented learning through its association with leading universities like Netaji Subhas University, Jamshedpur and CT University, Ludhiana, and successfully renders ideas by providing guaranteed internships and placements where in a candidate is only required to pay the fee after they get placed. More so, the fee is calibrated according to the salary you receive.
What skills do BBA courses inculcate in aspiring students?
Apart from opening gateways to the more extensive post graduate MBA and Ph.D courses, the UG degree delivers knowledge in administrative and management skills like Banking, Accountancy and Consulting. The key skills acquired from BBA courses are:
- Understanding the relevance of context in business
- Development of critical thinking skills
- Cultivating interpersonal awareness and ability to work in a group
- Oral communication skills
- Analytical skills to break down cases and markets for fundamental understanding
Apart from these skills, colleges like Netaji Subhas University, Jamshedpur also emphasise on developing a sense of socio-political and cultural understanding through arts, media and physical education, underlining their importance in more fundamental business administrative facets of daily life.
What specialisation should one choose?
With the advancement of businesses, new and updated verticals of BBA courses pop up regularly, providing more options to students. It becomes important for an aspiring student to assess thoroughly where their interest lies and make a calculated decision on which the further course of their career will be based on. Currently, the major specialisations under BBA courses are as follows:
- Sales and Marketing– Aims at developing and expanding businesses, products and services through marketing tools. Research and analysis of pricing, products, selling, distribution and advertising
- Operations– Developing skills in Inventory management , data management , supply chain management through analysis of data, accounting and statistics.
- Human Resources – Dealing with people, interpersonal skills in workspace and creating a healthy and productive work environment through allocation of resources.
- Finance– Training in investment, banking, predictive analysis and insurance. Important for a job in investment banking and corporate finance.
- Information Technology– Gaining knowledge of emerging business trends in the IT sector. Deals in information and database management, networking information technology and business intelligence.
These fields provide lucrative growth for students with lots of placement opportunities and Sunstone Eduversity partners with leading firms and colleges to extend great placements and interactive learning through the lengths and breadths of the industry.
Which colleges would prove best to develop and nurture these skills?
A general rule of the market- with an increase in demand, the supply increases.There are a plethora of options of colleges to choose from but only a few manage to push all the right buttons and bring out the best in their students. From IIM,Rohtak to SSCBS, Delhi, every top college provides almost the right balance of education and experience to cultivate future leaders and professionals. When considering BBA courses, one should focus on the following aspects in regard to colleges:
- Course Curriculum – What’s being taught is primary to any education and a vast course structure which carries theory and ideas from the past and promises scope to ponder over the prospective future, simultaneously nurturing analytical and research skills is key. Netaji Subhas University, Jamshedpur is one of the places which provide an all-round curriculum from technical concepts to extracurricular activities.
- Infrastructure – “A flower blooms in the perfect balance of sunlight, water and love”. From classrooms and libraries to hostels and canteens, everything around a student adds to the growth of the young seed they plant inside them. Choose wisely! To add to that, CT University, Ludhiana offers one of the best infrastructures to its students.
- Faculty – “There can never be true knowledge in the absence of a guru”. The guiding light for a student, teachers should be capable enough to handle the responsibility of the young minds around them. A good faculty brings out the best in the students through their experience and ways of imparting knowledge.
- Placements – Apart from all the textbook concepts, internships and placements are the most practical and empirical parameter to judge a college. It’s important to realise the importance of fitting into the shoes of professionals with a decent amount of capital in the wallets to survive and grow. Sunstone Eduversity in association with major colleges like Netaji Subhas University, Jamshedpur and Rathinam college, Coimbatore and through its student-friendly “pay after placement” policy, provides the scope to convert bookish knowledge and ideas into a ladder of success for its students.
With so many parameters to consider, it becomes important to make a sound decision according to your needs and requirements as a student. As the business environment teaches us, it’s always better to focus on tangible results rather than just mugging up concepts for the sake of it. Experience matters and proves in handy when you have that file in front of you with a bleak deadline on the calendar!