Wondering to play around with the browser’s default homepages? That is where content://com.andriod.browser.home/ comes into play. There are a lot of us who might not enjoy the default home pages of web browsers. This URL is one such invention in technology that would allow you to change the web page setting.
What basically is content://com.andriod.browser.home/
This code is mainly used for the browsers like Firefox, chrome, etc. All the browsers come with this feature of letting their users customize the homepage as per their requirements. With the wonderful invention like content://com.andriod.browser.home/ you can alter the default setting of homepages in browsers.
This code works only for the browsers that are set to the default browser in the android settings. Those androids which are not set to this setting need to do so for this code to work. Read more at bhtnews.com
How to set your Android to default browser setting
You need to follow the following steps for setting your android to the default browser setting.
- Open the settings of your android device.
- After that, you need to click on the app management.
- Click on the default app setting.
- As soon as you’d click on this the list of default apps would appear on your device’s screen. You are required to select a browser from that list.
- Once you’d click on the browser, you’d see the default browser option and the installed web browser option (Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
- You need to select the option of installed web browser.
Finally, your smartphone device would be set to the default browser setting and you’d be able to customize the homepage of the browser you are using.
Customize the homepage using content://com.andriod.browser.home/
Another important question that arises here is, how to customize the homepage. There are simple steps that you can follow for doing this.
- Open the browser that you want to set to the default setting.
- You need to select the pop-up menu from the top right corner.
- After that scroll down to the setting option and click on that.
- You would be required to select the Android Browser setting from the given options.
- Now click on the General and select the Set Homepage option.
- After that you’d be required to enter the URL i.e. content://com.andriod.browser.home/.
The homepage of the browser would successfully be customized to enjoy the altered setting.
How to remove content://com.andriod.browser.home/
You might now enjoy the customized homepage maybe because of the bad user interface. Hence you have this option to remove the URL and restore the previous homepage setting.
- Open the web browser and select the setting option.
- You are required to select the Android browser and after that the General option.
- After that select the Set Homepage option.
- Now enter the URL that you want to save as the default homepage.
- Finally, click on the Save button.
We have had a detailed discussion about how this code works. With the provided information you can easily play around with the browsers to change the setting and see which one may go well. You would really love this exploration once you get to start this.