Deleted photo recovery is a complicated and often misunderstood topic and rightly generates a lot of confusion. Most people don’t know where to begin or what to do when they accidentally lose their data. In this article, we will answer some of the more common questions asked regarding photo recovery and photo recovery software in general.
What Is Data Recovery?
Data recovery is the process of retrieving inaccessible or deleted data from a failed electronic media such as optical devices, removable media, and computer hard disk drives. There are a number of reasons that can cause data loss such as deliberate or accidental human act, electrical or mechanical malfunction, computer virus, or software problem. Despite the cause of data loss, it is possible to successfully recover lost data using professional data recovery software.
How Long Does A Missing or Deleted File Stay On The Drive?
When files are deleted accidentally, they can reside in the drive infinitely as long no more data is stored or saved in the same drive. People are advised to stop using their devices once they notice that they have lost data. The reason being that new data, when added to the drive, overwrites the deleted files. If you loose data, minimize the use of your storage device or computer until you restore pictures.
Is It Possible To Get Data Back Once You Have Re-Installed Windows?
Yes it is possible. If you re-install or reset Windows in your computer, you can run a “recover drive” search to recover the old folder and file structure.
Does Formatting of a Drive Remove Data Permanently?
Quick formatting is not a destructive process. However, if you apply special format instructions, chances are high that may lose data permanently. If you have formatted a drive and need to recover some lost files, ensure that you do not add any data to the drive. You can use the Recover my files option and run a “recover drive” search to get a 100% recovery.
How Long Does It Take To Recover Lost Data?
DIY data recovery takes only a short time to complete. All you have to do is download an efficient data recovery software, install it, scan for lost files, locate the lost data and then restore. It is as easy as that. Recovery process does however vary depending on the size of the files you want to recover and the physical state of the storage media you are recovering from. Recovering lost files can take a few minutes or even hours if the files you are locating are big.
How Can I Prevent Data Loss?
Just like any other device, hard drives do eventually crash and it is prudent to be well prepared for such cases. It is never a question of if, but when. To prevent loss of data, always perform routine backup. You can also prevent loss of data by investing in a good anti-virus software. Ensure that you update your anti-virus to offer solid protection against viruses that may cause data loss.
Is It Possible To Recover Files From SD Cards, Flash Drives etc?
Yes. Higher ranking recovery tools support a wide range of devices such as flash drives, external hard drives, SD cards, and other USB based drives.
How Can I Choose The Best Data Recovery Software?
There are numerous choices for data recovery software in the market today. Not all are efficient and only a few can really be trusted. How can you tell which recovery software is right for you?
- Avoid free tools. Why? Most of these free recovery software pose malware and virus risks. A few of them that actually work do not guarantee complete data recovery
- Select 100% secure and safe tool
- Check the minimum system requirement of the software
- Always choose data recovery software that is backed with years of great consumer reviews and experience
Given the above points, one of the most used and highly recommended software is iSkysoft Data Recovery software.
What Makes iSkysoft Data Recovery Software The Best?
- Able to distinguish between invalid and valid file sectors before recovery
- Able to analyze the quality of data that has been scanned and preview them in software
- Saves scan information which can be used in future
- Enabled with deep scan technology to help retrieve data from formatted partitions
How Do You Recover Lost Photos Using iSkysoft Data Recovery Software?
- Go to iSkysoft official website to download the data recovery software
- Install it
- Go the main interface and choose from the file type options available and select one or more that you want
- Click “next”
- Select the drive you want to recover from and click “start” to begin scanning
- After scan is complete, find the data you are looking for and click on “recover”
- Save the recovered files in a new folder or drive in the computer