When filing for a claim in a post-car accident, you would need to pay a lot of attention to the documents or the papers to make your claim viable and solid. You need to submit all pieces of evidence and proof that make your case foolproof. The insurance company’s insurance companies were not involved in the accident and hence, do not know what had happened. You need to present all kinds of details to make your case strong to convince the adjusters about the authenticity of your claim.
These are the documents that you need to submit and collate to make your case failsafe.
- Police report – the accident report filed by the emergency responders immediately after the accident at the scene of the accident is one of your strongest pieces of evidence. The report contains valuable information – date and time of the accident, venue, witness statements, diagrammatic representation, the driver’s insurance details, details of the responsible party, and so on.
- Statement and record of statements – the name of the witness and the statement are crucial because these are the people who have seen the accident happen or reached the spot just after the accident. Witness statements of all types are a big help to help the Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer in understanding the at-fault party.
- Photographs- are another crucial piece of information and evidence. These are usually taken by people present at the scene, emergency responders, insurance companies, the car repair shop, tow truck drivers, and more. Videos from the spot also are a big help.
- Citation is given to the party at fault – since insurance companies are usually ever-ready to downplay the facts and figures submitted by you. It is always a good idea to find if the party was given a ticket or not because it can be submitted as sound evidence against the responsible party and their insurance company.
- Your medical records – elaborate and exhaustive medical records make your case stronger and validated. Ensure that you do not miss any record – every small detail is important. Let your records be as lengthy as possible. Remember, medical records have a necessary role to play when seeking a claim for your medical expenses. Medical bills will support your claim and showcase exactly the kind of expenses you had to bear after the accident.
- Your missed work schedule – if you have had to miss work because of the accident, you need to submit the necessary document that will prove the same. You can request your office or supervisor to sign and stamp your missed work schedule.
- Your car insurance policy – your insurance policy papers need to be submitted too. The policy shows the exclusions, the coverage you have, and more.
- Other documents include – your health insurance card that will throw light on your plan, a medicare card to understand your lien and more.
All of these papers are very important. In case any other paper or document is required, your Fort Myers Car Accident Lawyer will keep you updated. It is a normal thought process and natural for you to wonder why you have to collate these documents and papers meticulously. The legalities in this field are quite complex and hence can be very challenging. Every single piece of data or information is crucial to prove your case. An expert car accident lawyer will review all papers and documents to file a lawsuit or speak to the insurance company. Any and every record that you can produce to support your case is a one-step towards enhancing your chances of getting better compensation from the insurer or the court. Be very sure when you are finding a car accident lawyer in Fort Myers. You will come across many reputed law firms, and there would be many that have got a good name and a proven track record to their name.
It is not always necessary to go with a reputed firm. There are few important personal traits and professional characteristics that you must cross-check before appointing a Fort Myers Car accident lawyer. Pick a law team that makes you feel comfortable, empathize with your situation rather than treat you as one of their many commercial ventures. The lawyer must have the capability to help you understand clearly what you are in for and what you can get out of the case. Honesty, integrity, and ethics are key features, and you must look for these in your lawyer. Also, the lawyer should be clear and transparent with you about his interests – fees, when to pay, how to pay, etc. Besides this, you need to find a lawyer experienced in similar and peculiar cases to yours. While there is limited time on hand to file the case against the insurer or the other party, do not rush into any decision without due diligence and proper contemplation.