Car accidents are scary but unavoidable. You might be the safest driver in your city, but a drunk dude can come out of nowhere and smash his car right into yours. Nobody wants to expect as a car accident, but there are a few things you should know if you get into such accidents. Here are a few points you should be aware of if you survive a major or a minor car accident.
Car Accident, Now What?
If you get into a car accident, you will be in a state of shock, which is natural and normal. But it is necessary to keep your emotions aside and take a few essential steps essential for ensuring that you don’t make things any more worse. A few things you should do immediately after an accident are:
● Stay Calm: Don’t panic or get overwhelmed. A car accident is terrible but is something that has happened and is not under your control. What is essential is to take the consequential steps correctly and focus on what you need to do in the aftermath.
● Self Observation: If you meet with an accident, chances are you are hurt. But when you realize you’ve met with an accident, adrenaline courses through your system, which might not allow you to feel the pain. Therefore, it is crucial to take a moment to assess yourself and figure out whether you are hurt or not. What to do if you’re injured is discussed later, but for now, make sure you check if you are hurt or not.
● Move aside: If the accident was minor and you can feel no significant injuries, get up and move your car to a safe side of the road. Doing so will reduce the confusion and panic at the scene. Once getting to a safe spot, you can analyze what to do now. However, if the accident is severe or even moderate, don’t risk moving your car.
● Phone Calls: Make some phone calls to inform the people who should know. Some vital contacts you should call is the police (if not already arrived), your insurance company, and a close friend or family member.
● Acknowledge: Lastly, take a deep breath and accept whatever has happened. You may lose your car or your health, but none of them is more important than your life. Acknowledge that you have survived a car crash, and start figuring out what can be done next.
Visit a Doctor
In many cases, especially in minor accidents, people skip visiting a doctor if they are not in pain. Not visiting a doctor is one of the biggest blunders you can make after surviving a car accident. There are a few crucial reasons for visiting a doctor, even if you feel little or no pain.
● After an accident, you will be in shock, and your adrenaline levels will be high. High adrenaline levels suppress minor or moderate pain, and therefore, you might not observe an injury due to the heat of the moment. However, such minor injuries can grow into major, lifelong problems, and thus, visiting a doctor should be on your must-do list.
● Many injuries after an accident or trauma are not physically identifiable. Symptoms of conditions like internal trauma or bruising take 24-48 hours to show up. Therefore, it is better to visit a doctor on the same day instead of not able to get out of your bed the next day.
● Taking too long to visit a doctor can affect your claim process as well. For insurance purposes, your expenses for accidental injuries should be traceable. Taking too long to visit a doctor can plant a seed of doubt in the minds of the insurers.
Where to Go after the Accident?
Not able to decide where to go can be a problem if you meet a car accident. People might face difficulties in figuring out whether to visit an emergency room, an urgent care center, or an accident doctor. Many firms provide and assist you. You can also search the firm name, for example, Google Ladah Law Firm, the result will show rating and essential details about them. For medical assistance, search “car accident doctor near me” and visit the injury Car Accident Doctors at AICA. The best you can do is visit a medical center near your location. The last thing you want is worsening your condition because you took too long to receive medical help.
Car accidents are common, and on a bad day, anyone can meet with a car accident. Although not all accidents are major, it is necessary to take certain measures. Immediately after a car accident, you should calm down, check for injuries, and call the required people. If you feel you can leave the site, visit a nearby doctor for seeking medical help. Medical attention is not a choice but a necessity if you meet with an accident. Whether your injuries are minor, moderate, or major, visiting a doctor and getting yourself checked is essential.